Thursday, July 16, 2009

30 days of Jillian Michaels- Day 6

I literally had tears of sweat dripping into my eyeballs! Wow, level 2 30 Day Shred is tough.

Today was kinda cool, like the Secret and my 30 days with Jillian all whirled together.

So, as per the past 5 days, I didn't work out in the morning. Then this afternoon after work, grocery shopping, and preparing dinner, I really did not feel like working out. However, Clyde was running 30 min later than I thought he would be, so I took that 30 min to workout before dinner. Then, since I worked out, I was running behind on the dinner, and then I realized that I was supposed to water plants for my neighbors, and had time.

Kind funny how things work out. Also, just random...I saw the coolest bird today, it was really small and black and bright yellow. I've never seen such a brightly colored bird around here.

SOoooo exited for the Lake weekend! Although I am not smaller by the numbers on the scale (maybe next week I'll get more serious about not eating junk) and I'm not that smaller by the clothes yet, I FEEL better, which is amazing. I'm so happy I took on this challenge. The further I get, the more I want to go. And now that I'm 6 days in, I want to finish all 30.

Tomorrow, day 7, I plan on working out before the lake. I'm thinking I'll give myself a day off for day 8, but i'll still try and be active. Then pick back up for day 9. Since I am taking day 8 off, it is crucial that I workout on days 7 and 9. Although I've made so much progress, I know me, and if I dont do days 7 and 9, I wont do days 10, 11, 13, etc....

Ideas for future goals after this one:
  • Triathalon at Centennial Park (its mini, and kayak no swimming, I dont think I could swim more than 10 seconds!)
  • 10 K
  • Perhaps a half marathon, marathon in my life time??
  • Reach my weight goal
  • Be an even healthier eater (including giving up foods that are shitty for you once and for all)
I have to say though, I did Weight watchers back in October of 08, starting at 142lbs. Since weight watchers, I am a more concious eater, and that has gotten me very far, maybe not pound-wise, but emotionally and awareness of what I'm eating, why I'm eating, thats a big step.

I'm feeling kinda sore after today's workout, means I pushed myself :)

2 comments:

  1. I had a dream I met Jillian the other night and I was suuuper excited...but it wasn't real. bummer.

    ReplyDelete