Thursday, April 9, 2009

Let it ride...

So another life discovery that I made today. Don't just let it ride.

I don't think there will be an easy answer or way out of this dilemma. However, I like to let things sit, or "sleep on it" when I have some kind of problem, or if I feel to emotional about something and I want to think it over rationally. For example. lately, I've been wanting to approach my bosses about some frustrations I've been having at work. I don't want to just go running up to them immaturely and scream "I hate this...I hate that, I cant stand it!!!....." because I just don't think that would be effective. However, while trying to really put together my thoughts, I think I'm just bottling in my emotions, and letting the problems ride.

I was speaking to my Mom today and I realized, surprise!, she does the same thing. Waiting too long, and "sticking it out" for way too long, to the point where it is almost self destructive.

She stuck it out and waited forever to leave my dad, and then she stuck it out in the end in her job that was horrible. Now that being said, she was very strong in these two hard times of her life. But she even said after those two times were over, it was so amazing how stress free and better she felt.

Just something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment